James Felt has been with the firm since its founding in April 2000 and works out of our Greensboro office. James represents hedge funds and private equity funds and their managers and investors in connection with a wide range of matters, including:
- Formation and private offerings of domestic and offshore hedge funds and private equity funds
- Negotiation and documentation of “seed” investments for early stage fund managers
- Negotiation and documentation of succession of ownership and management of fund managers
- Negotiation of onboarding documentation for hedge fund trading platforms
- Advising operations departments of fund managers in connection with compliance matters and vendor relationships, including with respect to research agreements, licensing arrangements, broker/dealer documentation, and other operations agreements
Prior to joining the firm, James practiced at Steptoe & Johnson LLP in Washington, D.C.