Working with PMW from the outset ensures that a new fund will be structured, documented and brought to market based on industry best practices. So whether you are setting up a hedge fund, private equity fund, private credit fund, venture capital fund, or fund of funds, our deep insight and market experience will enable you to launch your new fund on a solid legal foundation.
For start-ups and smaller funds, we often play an important hands-on role, effectively serving as general counsel until the client is ready to hire in-house counsel. In this capacity, we attend board meetings and help with routine administrative matters, preparing board packets, certificates and resolutions, as general counsel typically would.Click here for examples of the advice and matters we handle with regard to fund formation and operation.
- Advise on fund structure and terms
- Draft constituent agreements, including private placement memoranda, partnership agreements, subscription agreements and investment management agreements
- Negotiate service agreements and engagement letters with administrators, placement agents, auditors and other service providers
- Negotiate side letters with potential investors
- Review and assist in the completion of due diligence questionnaires
- Coordinate with non-U.S. counsel (including Cayman Islands, Ireland and Luxembourg) in connection with formation and operation of non-U.S. investment vehicles
- Prepare board packets, certificates and resolutions
- Attend board and investor meetings